Friday, March 25, 2011

Memories

Today, a friend called to tell me she was on her way to Houston. Then the following conversation ensued after mentioning a friend of ours is most recently in a new relationship:

Friend: Oh my gosh, you know who I was thinking about the other day?

Me: Who?

Friend: Do you remember that guy you dated who stole like forty bucks from you and a bunch of liquor?

Me: Umm, it was 4 months ago, about how much do you think I actually date that I would have already forgotten him?

Friend: Man, that was so crazy.

Me: Sure was.

Seriously? The wonderful disenchanting dating life I lead. I did decide, ironically enough, in the shower this morning, that I will not apologize nor make excuses for the choices I make as a single woman. I'm 31 years old, I will continue to have adventures and of course make some mistakes. Who didn't make mistakes until they found the one they want to be with? To the men that stole my heart and my money, I thank you. You give the friends of mine who's men in their lives give them comfort, shelter and love, just a little added humor to my humility and I'm grateful for it and I think, they are too!

Happy Friday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment