Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Scarlett Letter

I write this blog to share the journey I am on as a single woman fighting the dating war.  Losing one battle after another, but still feeling pretty strong.  This past weekend I went to my 15th bachelorette party since 2003.  15 bachelorette parties, 15 lingerie showers, 2 chauffeurs, 400 glasses of wine, 0 strippers, 1 passion party, countless laughs and the 15th time to meet my neighbors in Singleville.  At times I fee like it is population 1.  This weekend of 17 attendees, there were 4 residents of Singleville, woo-hoo!  Since I was one of the hosts of the party, I made it my mission to find party favors.  I found masks to wear!  Similar to Mardi Gras masks, but just a tad cheaper and a bit more ghetto. Each of them had a descriptive word that everyone got to choose to wear.  Only 6 came in a package, so I purchased 3 packages.  The descriptive words to choose from were: 
  • Sexy
  • Wild
  • Tease
  • Bad
  • Flirt
  • Single

Now since I was the host, I wanted to make sure everyone got what they wanted.  I got what was inevitably going to be mine anyway.  Even 2 of the 4 singles, didn't take single.  Here I am realizing the irony of my cute little gift:

One more crazy night of laughing, drinking, embarrassing, giving, being and having.  and I wonder why I am still single?  Maybe it is because I choose to flaunt the stupidity of my antics on here or because I wear a mask on my head that says single or by chance I am still single because I am actually looking for what humorous story will come out of the next relationship or non-thereof and an sabotage each of them for a good laugh.  Well really I can't get that laugh without them doing something ridiculous. Anyway, I just thought I would share that I don't only act single by anonymity on here, I do it in person as well.

Happy thanksgiving all!

No comments:

Post a Comment