Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Unconditional Journey

Happy new year!!  I have started this new year off with quite a bang!  2 ear infections, sinusitis, a blown fuse box and 1 meltdown. But through it all I've kept a relatively positive and upbeat attitude about everything, despite the urge to scream once or twice.  So with that said, I've been at a loss for a blog update, I have had no great stories to retell of bad dates or embarrassing nights out. To each of you readers, I apologize in my boring behavior and promise I will do my best to take it up a notch soon. 

In the mean time, last night I had dinner with an old friend whom I haven't seen in nearly 5 years.  We caught up on life as it is now, mutual friends, the old workplace and the such.  He told me about what I can only describe as an amazing relationship with his wife. He's in love with her and it was so refreshing to hear a man talk that way about his wife. He used the phrase when discussing their life together as an "unconditional journey". He said he didn't come into this marriage with conditions or clauses, it was an unconditional journey they are taking together. I thought, what an amazing way to look at life.  So I am going to apply that to my own life. Now I may not have a relationship in the biblical sense right now to have an unconditional journey with, however, I do with my family, my friends and myself.  So I make no more apologies to my friends and family for the stupid things I say, the moronic acts I make and the self loathing scenarios I find myself more often than not. Why do I not apologize? Because we came into this relationship without clauses or conditions, we too are on an unconditional journey together.  My friends and family's journeys may include families, spouses, children, mortgages and responsible behavior, but they didn't ask that of me when they invited me into their lives.  I will unconditionally love them and their screaming children and their nagging spouses and their loving, yet usually unsolicited advise. In the mean time I will continue to muck up the dating scene with these men written for books which should be called "Unsuspecting poorly written men for the suspecting poorly esteemed woman".  I will not apologize for the behavior that ensues when I drink too much wine when I divulge these stories, and I will expect you (unless you are in fact expecting) to drink just as much alongside me. 

For this journey, friends, family and strangers, are on with me, I unconditionally invite you to explore the next chapter with me. 2011, may it bring laughter, tears, drama and a look into the single life reality and may you have the seat right next to me on the roller coaster through it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment