Sunday, December 19, 2010

To play or not to play the game

So recently I've been faced with the question on whether or not it is more fun to play the game or get out before the 7th inning stretch.  So I thought it would be a good idea to find someone and keep him at an arms length.  Tell them getting close not good because I'm too much older he being 25.  So I decided to have the balls in this scenario and tell him it could go nowhere, that it would be our secret.  Only to think that the first run in we had would be our last.  Unfortunately I was shocked by his sudden urge in texts and calls the following week.  Every day numerous texts, a few flirty, mostly funny and some good conversations on the phone.  However, I made it my mission to make sure he realized this was nothing more than a secret. And then it happened...he disappeared before I had a chance to realize I had already developed a crush.  He pulled his texts out from under me.  So the question here is, did I get played or did I actually play it too well that I caught myself off guard??  So what does one do at this point? Play it cool, something I have never been known for? Do I actually pursue a reasoning behind what happened when I should realize the reason was me saying "don't get any ideas"?  I'm certain it is for the better that this has gone nowhere significant, however, I found someone I liked hanging out with and more importantly I enjoyed the attention I was getting from him.  So in the end, this blows. I was ready to close down 2010 with a fling for the book...but instead I'm ending it with silence.  Bummer.


Sometimes I amaze myself at the stuff that comes out of my mouth and then the things that come into my life.  Here's to hoping I will at some point be playing the game with someone who knows how to deal with the cards I have dealt...

No comments:

Post a Comment