Friday, May 21, 2010

Enter Frank

So I got a little discombobulated with eHarmony.com and my last dating experience.  I admit, I felt a little, I don't think jilted is the word, but maybe stung just a bit.  The guy from Georgia and I did not make it and my friends said "that's okay, on to the next one".  Well when you have gone on 150 first dates, 5 second dates and 2 third dates in the last 3 years "on to the next one" seems like throwing a Frisbee thinking it is a boomerang.  It just doesn't work that way.

I admit, I love my life, I love that I can go on so many bad dates and share them all with you.  I was with a friend earlier today who said he wanted to set me up with someone and how he appealed him to me was with, and I quote, "don't worry, he's drinks A LOT".  REALLY?  That's his best quality for me?  Well, I'm not going to lie, it is necessary I'm sure. :)

The "matches" on eharmony as of late have been what I consider slim pickin's of the nearly 75 from the past 2 weeks.  And the few I have been intrigued by, well they closed me before I got a chance to prove I'm more fun in person.  Whatever. But the site has removed the chance to choose a reason why you are closing someone now...I didn't realize how much I depended on that little extra step.  I'd rather see "Other" checked than just nothing. I'm left without closure now with so, so many.  Plus to the "love doctors of eHarmony.com" I live in Houston, Houston proper that is, that is not Sugar Land, Richardson, The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, Pearland or League City.  I won't make that kind of effort to meet someone who lives 30 minutes to an hour away, I am trying to reduce my carbon footprint!  So stop sending my way. Thank you, avid supporter since 2008.

So to leave you with my latest match.  To Frank, thank you for the laugh.  I don't actually think you meant to make me laugh, but you brought me back to the reality that this is actually my life now, finding this information out before actually meeting!

Meet Frank. 

frank typically spends his leisure time:

playing the baritone/euphonium, spending time with family, reading, watching tv, watching movies, birding, sight seeing, watching Indycar racing or A&M play, fine arts, gardening, walking, a little bit of writing, metal detecting, cruises, nature, SciFi/Fantasy

Happy Friday!  

PS:  If you are in the mood for some birding this weekend, I could know a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment