Monday, October 4, 2010

Flashbacks are the epitome of evil

This past Friday I met a friend after work for a glass of wine.  2 bottles of wine, multiple vodka mixers, 5 cab rides, conversations with strangers or in front of strangers later, I made it home.  I like to spread out the nights that I go out and have learned that when I do that it only gets me in more trouble than if I made my appearance at local watering holes a bit more often.  Running into old flames and telling them their treatment of me on our non-existant relationship would not only be unneccessary, it would be unapologetic.  I mean, how do you follow up conversations that are all too blurry to put together with a person who's phone number nor email address is a part of your address book that you are sorry for having even spoken to them that night.  How do you form the words of an apology when you aren't even sure in the first place, if it deserves one.  

I gave one cab driver my number so that he could call me and I would have his number and then we would call him when we were ready to leave so he could be our driver again. 
Unfortunately my cab driver with an accent clearly misunderstood when he proceeded to call me 4 times throughout the night and leave a message that he wanted to dance with me later.  I believe something was lost in translation, wait, I would like to think that.  I have no idea, I could very well have told this man I was the queen of salsa dancing and that we should totally go dancing later, at that point so much was possible.

About 3 years ago I stopped drinking hard liquor because it made me depressed.  Now on random occasions I will indulge in some vodka or bourbon, but for the most part I stick to Wine and the occasional beer.  Now I have learned the hard liquor no longer makes me depressed, it makes me easy, not in the drop your pants type of easy.  I mean in the drop your business card and your phone number type of easy.  I have had more unknown numbers calling me in the last 3 days than I know what to do with.  So back on the no more hard liquor train I go.

This past Friday you could consider me a disaster, but apparently funny as well.  I gave one guy my phone number whom I spent a good amount of time chatting with and rumor has it we have a date tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to pick him up out of a line up so let's just wait and see exactly how thick the beer, no, vodka goggles were on Friday night. I remember thinking he was very good looking, I also remember thinking I was very good looking and only drinking water. Unless they are now charging $8 for water, I seem to have lost part of that part of the night as well. We shall see if I hear from him again, my money's on their being a better chance I don't have vodka for 2 months. What exactly did I say to this guy for him to have wanted to call me in the first place? Hopefully it wasn't my blog address...

Off to flashback purgatory I go...any idea how to get your brain to keep those moments repressed?  I could use that right about now, just like I could have used a filter on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment