Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Update on the vodka goggle blind date

So the guy I met when I was 16 sheets to the wind two weeks ago and I did actually go on a date.  He is quite possibly the biggest gentleman I have ever had the pleasure of going out with on a date.  Of course, you do realize what this means....it totally freaked me out.  A guy who gave me compliments, pulled out my chair, opened my door, paid for a nice dinner out and made me laugh right out loud, is clearly on the train to my freakouttown.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how I get myself into these situations. I say I want attention and honesty, but when I finally get it, it feels suffocating and desperate.  But the second I don't hear from him I feel as though I've acted in inappropriately to his attention and run him off.

I have realized in this little situation that I actually have no idea how to date successfully, well clearly, you all knew that from reading this blog from the beginning, but I'm just coming to the realization that I'm clueless at it.  I don't know how to "be cool" I'm not quite certain the secret to "don't overanalyze" and I'm utterly lost on "knowing what is in front of me".

Now you may be thinking, didn't she just go out on a first date with this guy last week?  Yes.  Are you now thinking, is she a bit coo-coo for cocopuffs with these type of thoughts.  Not really.  It just means that every person that comes in and out of my life I analyze their potential to actually be a part of my life in the very beginning.  I have successfully figured out each of the attributes of this guy that would make me like him and want to go out with him again while simultaneously figuring out the things I don't like nor would be sad to not have in my life.  This is the best protection mechanism.

So, I'll keep you posted if this crazy goes out again with the southern gentleman, but in the mean time, for anyone who cared, it was a lovely evening with lots of laughs and I'm still lost in the city!

1 comment:

  1. i would love to hear a sequel 2 this sequel. sounds like a nice fellow

    ReplyDelete