Monday, October 11, 2010

Powerpoints and Wine

I'm taking a break from putting together a PowerPoint that very well may be the thing that does me in completely.  I can't stand PowerPoint, I am not impressed with their animations nor their picture input abilities.  Because it isn't the actual PowerPoint that has this ability, it is the tired, board schmuck who spends their time animating every picture, every letter and every word by fading in and out and bouncing up and down and perhaps even spinning enough to make whoever is watching or organizing it sick to their stomach.

This I have realized is similar to boxed wine.  I went to a bachelorette party this past weekend, for the 15th wedding of which I will be partaking as a bridesmaid.  I've lost my filter and I've lost my ability to pretend to be classy.  As I'm purchasing her lingerie gift from the target clearance isle I think I will kill two birds with one stone and go ahead and get the wine I am supposed to bring from target as well.  NOW, target does have bottles of wine and some actually worth taking to parties.  BUT they also have boxed wine, it comes in fun colors and is in the shape of a square, not a rectangle which is actually, to me, more appeasing.  So I thought, instead of buying 4 bottles of 12.99 wine, why don't I buy one box which equals 4 bottles of $16.99 wine.  The economy is in bad shape people, it is time to prioritize. Well, when I consumed alone about 2 bottles of the 4 in the box on Friday night and am currently suffering from what some people call vertigo, the mixture of the two the morning after is like watching a high powered highly animated PowerPoint presentation.

It is just sickening enough to make your head spin and make you think about yesterday's poor choice in meals, but not quite strong enough to get the job done.  Oh the agony of the box wine "headspinache".  I spent the better part of Saturday morning holding on to the ground, the actual ground, to make sure it wasn't actually spinning.  

Sunday I came into work to work on this mind-blowing PowerPoint in an office which doesn't turn the AC on during the weekends and had to watch pictures spin, twirl, fade, bounce and dissolve for nearly 4 hours.  Once this son of a bitch of a PowerPoint is complete, I plan to celebrate, possibly with a round bottled wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment