Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Schmalentine's Day

No this isn't the rant of a single gal about Valentine's Day and the over emphasis of love and relationships and what I don't have and I'm single...blah, blah, blah.  This is the rant:


I have gotten "matched up" on eharmony to so many guys in the past couple of days. I thought maybe it was because I loosened my "priorities" a bit.  Ummm, I just saw a commercial which was saying there are only 2 days left of the 5 free days eharmony has been offering to people since Thursday.  AWESOME!  It costs $19.95 a month and I just got set up with all the guys who are trying the free trial.  Super duper.  I look forward to our relationships.  :)


Anyway, today 7 guys "closed" me...SEVEN!  This isn't an issue with me, I close guys too.  I do it if I don't find them attractive, if they have kids (I'm a stickler about not being a stepmom at 30 to 15 year olds) or (and there are quite a few of these out there if you can believe it) if all they talk about in their profile is their love of God and Christ and they live a pure life and want a wife to also and they drink several times a week and smoke a few times a year...I'm not crazy about contradictions.  I'm not saying a Christian can't drink, helloooo...., but I am saying I don't want our entire relationship to be us drunk and talking about Christ's love all the time.  I digress...back to my point:


Why these seven different guys who I got matched up with 3 days ago chose Valentine's day to "cyber dump" me is laughable.  I am already on a dating website which means I'm not so lucky in face to face love and then on this day of love and chocolate and flowers, they chose it was the right day to "close" me. AMAZING!  Okay, not a big deal...HOWEVER, when you do close someone on eharmony you have to choose from about 20 different reasons why you are closing this match.  These run from "not interested based on statements in their profile" to "pursuing another relationship" to "other".  6 out of the 7 guys today chose "other".  Simple enough, nothing for me to care about.  Well to you, Jason, 35, VP of Sales who chose "pursing another relationship", here's a news flash for your girlfriend. If the first thing your bf does on Valentine's morning is check matches on eharmony because he hasn't turned off his match settings - I'm quite certain this means there's some trouble in paradise.  I'm assuming they haven't had the DTR (determining the relationship talk), do you still do that as an adult? I'm sometimes questioning my "adultness".  Anyway, thank you Jason for not saying it was because of based on statements in my profile, but seriously, first thing VDay morning?? C'mon buddy...


I spent the night in Austin last night with one of the few "single" girl friends I have left in this world.  We discussed how when you have single friends, you hold on to them for dear life, wish them well when they leave Singleville for Relationshiptown, but know until they make that move, life is full of laughter and ironies together. When we were eating queso for breakfast this morning and watching Opera's special on eating right followed by last week's episode of The Biggest Loser, there was an epiphany.  This is not a coincidence that I'm on eharmony and getting closed on Valentine's day, this is my laughable fate!


Happy Schmalentine's Day Friends!  I hope you are spending it with someone who makes you laugh!

5 comments:

  1. u can post a reason ur not interested?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to post a reason if you aren't interested, it can be highly humiliating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely IS your funniest post yet - mostly because you used the phrase "cyber dump."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hads, your blog is great! I am really enjoying reading this- you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for my late response...but hilarious. Some of my favorite valentine(s) have been spent with you making me laugh. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete